Sunday 5 February 2012

Goodbye England

With most of the country is covered in a blanket of snow, I am (for once) glad that here in Portsmouth we've had precisely none at all. This is, of course, rather useful for my travel plans. What isn't useful is that Heathrow airport hasn't been quite so snow-free this weekend, leading to a number of todays flights being cancelled. As of 10:45pm (UK time) my flight is still going ahead as scheduled, but there is snow forecast for early tomorrow.

Have I got enough stuff?
This morning was obviously my last day at my home church, Christ Church. I received many hugs, cards and prayers, and I'll be thinking of them throughout my time away.

Anyway, have packed up what seems like all my worldly goods and chattels and now just have a few hours to wait before we head off. We'll be leaving the house at about 2:30am, so the parents and I will be staying up, with the Superbowl to keep us entertained until then!

So as I'm off I could probably do with some prayer that all the travel would work out, and also that I'd settle in quickly.

Thanks everyone who has wished me well over the last few days and weeks. Here goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment